Emerson Is Official Howard County Kick-Off Site for 2016 National Night Out!
AND Integrity Martial Arts will be there! This is a more casual demo for IMA in that you do not have to wear your full uniform. Do wear your white pants (or black of you are a Black Belt) and IMA T-shirt of choice. Our demonstration is going to be on the black top and will start at 7:30, so if you are participating, be there at 7:00.
NNO is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, better places to live.
In support of crime prevention efforts, thousands of communities across America will be turning on their outside lights and stepping outside to take part in neighborhood events and block parties.
Date: Tuesday, August 2, 2016
Time: 6 PM – 8 PM
Location: Emerson Clubhouse
Note: There will be no parking in the Clubhouse Parking Lot on Tuesday August 2nd from 7am to 7pm
As the lead site, Emerson will host many dignitaries and special events.
Special Guests and Dignitaries:
- Howard County Chief of Police Gary Gardner
- Howard County Executive Allan H. Kittleman
- County Council members including the Chair, Dr. Calvin Ball
- Local Politicians
- Fire Department Chief and his staff
- Fire Trucks
- First Responder Vehicles and staff
- Police Command Post
- Tactical Vehicle
- Police Cruiser for show and tell
- “Bike with a Cop” for kids age 5-12 on Emerson’s pathways
- Integrity Martial Arts will perform a demonstration
- Moon Bounce
- DJ playing music
- Win Prizes
- Pick up Safety Information
- Ice Cream!